Colors of the Rainbow (LGBT Romance Stories)Deadline: June 30, 2017
Payment: 50% net royalties from all channels, to be paid quarterly
Contract: 2 years exclusive, auto-renews
NOTE: This isn't an anthology; the stories will be released as individual ebooks with unique covers.
- We are looking for queer romance and erotic romance stories with a color in the title. The color should be important to the story, but keep in mind that, if you use a familiar phrase (such as “little black dress” or “seeing red”), another story may be submitted with the same title. So feel free to use unusual colors (like heliotrope, labrador, or titian).
Maybe the first thing she notices across the crowded room is the vivid color of a dress, and she’s immediately drawn to the woman wearing it. Perhaps one particular shirt sets off his eyes and, when he wears it, his best friend finds himself falling into that gaze. Or it’s those high heels that first garnered her attention. It could be the color of his uniform and the way he wears it that sets him apart from the crowd. That unusual shade of hair makes him want to reach up and run his fingers through it.
The story can contain any LGBTQ pairing in any subgenre, but the main characters must be involved in a romance (sweet or erotic). Stories by #ownvoices authors are welcome, but ultimately we’re looking for fictional stories and not memoirs (even fictionalized ones).
The books will NOT be released as an anthology, and there is no upfront payment; authors will be paid quarterly on actual sales earned. If you haven’t published with us before, feel free to request a sample contract prior to submission.
STORIES MUST BE:
- Stories must be 12,000 words or higher
- Stories must contain a romance -- any heat level, from sweet to erotic
- Romantic pairing must be LGBTQ (including but not limited to gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, asexual, and pansexual)
- The title of the story must include a color
- Stories may be any subgenre (contemporary, historical, paranormal, etc.)
- Stories must have a HEA or HFN ending
- Adult stories only (no YA)
All stories submitted must adhere to the general guidelines found on our website. We do not consider multiple or simultaneous submissions. Reprints will be considered only if the author holds exclusive rights to republish.
HOW TO SUBMIT:
Please follow our submission guidelines located here to submit the story. Submissions over 40,000 words must include a chapter-by-chapter synopsis.
We will acknowledge submissions within 1 day and have a response to you within 4 business days.