2020 Submissions Calls (LGBTQ Romance Stories)
Meet CuteDeadline: August 31, 2020
- Stories about an amusing or cute first encounter between soon-to-be lovers
How did your characters meet? We're looking for cute stories of adorable characters falling in love. They can be new couples or established. What attracted them to each other? What did they say or do to win the other's heart?
Holiday TalesDeadline: September 30, 2020
- Winter holiday LGBTQ+ romance
We need stories 12k and up to fill out our November and December schedule! Hanukkah, Yule, Christmas, Kwanzaa, New Year ... even Thanksgiving and Black Friday! Or Boxing Day! What do your characters celebrate at the end of the year?
Ride 'Em Cowboy (or Cowgirl)Deadline: October 31, 2020
- Western LGBTQ+ romance
Whether your cowpoke lives on a ranch or in the city, we want stories of western romance! Can be contemporary, historical, or out of this world, it's up to you!
Second ChancesDeadline: November 30, 2020
- Stories about finding love the second time around.
Maybe your character is hurting from a recent breakup and is reluctant to jump back into the dating pool, but meets someone he/she had a crush on back in the day and is now interested in reconnecting. Or maybe your character unexpectedly gets in touch with their best friend, only to find their feelings for each other have grown into something stronger.
SportsDeadline: December 31, 2020
- Sports LGBTQ+romance
With the Tokyo Olympics hopefully happening next summer, we want to see more sports romances before the games begin! Professional sports, Olympics, X-Games, March Madness ... what games do your characters play? Did they fall in love on a tennis court? Or riding killer waves in Maui? Are they teammates or rivals?
FOR ALL SUBMISSION CALLS:
- These aren't anthology calls -- stories swill be released as individual ebooks with unique covers
- Stories over 60k will also go into print
- Payment is 50% net royalties from all channels, paid quarterly
- Our contracts are for 2 years exclusive rights and autorenew
- Stories must be 12,000 words or higher
- Stories must contain a romance -- any heat level, from sweet to erotic
- The central romance must be LGBTQ ONLY
- Stories can be any subgenre (contemporary, sci-fi, fantasy, historical, paranormal, western, etc.)
- Stories must have a HEA or HFN ending
- Adult stories only (no YA)
All stories submitted must adhere to the general guidelines found on our website. We do not consider multiple or simultaneous submissions. Reprints will be considered only if the author holds exclusive rights to republish.
HOW TO SUBMIT:
Please follow our submission guidelines located here to submit the story. Submissions over 40,000 words must include a chapter-by-chapter synopsis.
We will acknowledge submissions within 1 day and have a response to you within 4 business days.
If you were working on a story for one of our submission calls and did not make the deadline, feel free to still send it in when the story is done. We'd love to take a look!