2021 Submissions Calls (LGBTQ Romance Stories)
Second ChancesDeadline: October 31, 2021
- Stories about finding love the second time around. Maybe your character is hurting from a recent breakup and is reluctant to jump back into the dating pool, but meets someone he/she had a crush on back in the day and is now interested in reconnecting. Or maybe your character unexpectedly gets in touch with their best friend, only to find their feelings for each other have grown into something stronger.
Better TogetherDeadline: November 30, 2021
- Stories about finding love over a shared interest. Whether it's cooking classes, a fiction writing workshop or a group of stamp collectors, we want to see what happens when two people with the same interest get together afterwards to find out what else they might have in common.
Opposites AttractDeadline: December 31, 2021
- Stories about characters who are complete opposites, but who fall in love anyway. Think people from different walks of life, different careers, even different colleges or opposing sports teams. Whatever it is that opens a gulf between them ultimately turns out to be what attracts them to each other.
Jolly HolidaysDeadline: multiple dates
- Stories set during winter holidays. Christmas, of course, but we’re also open to Hanukkah, Yule, Kwanzaa, Boxing Day, New Year’s. You could also do Chinese New Year, Diwali, Valentine’s Day … any holiday set during the winter months. (Thanksgiving isn’t included because we may not be able to schedule a turkey day story this year, but if you have one in mind, let us know and we’ll see if we can work it in). Please state the holiday in your submission so we know where it might fit into our schedule.
This is a hard and fast deadline. New Year's and Valentine's Day stories by October 31.
FOR ALL SUBMISSION CALLS:
- These aren't anthology calls -- stories swill be released as individual ebooks with unique covers
- Stories over 60k will also go into print
- Payment is 50% net royalties from all channels, paid quarterly
- Our contracts are for 2 years exclusive rights and autorenew
- Stories must be 12,000 words or higher
- Stories must contain a romance -- any heat level, from sweet to erotic
- The central romance must be LGBTQ ONLY
- Stories can be any subgenre (contemporary, sci-fi, fantasy, historical, paranormal, western, etc.)
- Stories must have a HEA or HFN ending
- Adult stories only (no YA)
All stories submitted must adhere to the general guidelines found on our website. We do not consider multiple or simultaneous submissions. Reprints will be considered only if the author holds exclusive rights to republish.
HOW TO SUBMIT:
Please follow our submission guidelines located here to submit the story. Submissions over 40,000 words must include a chapter-by-chapter synopsis.
We will acknowledge submissions within 1 day and have a response to you within 4 business days.
If you were working on a story for one of our submission calls and did not make the deadline, feel free to still send it in when the story is done. We'd love to take a look!